Hello, my few and loyal followers and friends!
Just so you know. I'm not dead. Here's a quick update since last I posted.
- Still living in San Diego
- Still in the Navy
- I made Second Class Petty Officer. It's kind of a funny story as to how I found out. I'll share another time/another post.
- I've got a town home in the center of Mission Valley with my cousin. It's a great setup and awesome to have family in the city with me.
- I don't get to go home for the holidays.
- I am a sexual assault victim advocate, nationally certified. I went through 40 hours of rigorous training to be able to help victims of sexual assault. It has already been a very rewarding experience.
- No romance/love interests. For the first time in, well, ever...I have no crushes, nobody I'm talking to, and I'm fine with that. I've said I've "given up" before but this time seems to be real.
- Work is insanely busy. My ship is going through intense training and inspection. We are almost done with it though.
- Because work is so busy I don't read near as much as I used to. I've been trying to get through Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin. It's good but the story has taken a huge diversion from the other plots so it has been hard to adjust. I also just devoured over half of T. Greenwood's Bodies of Water yesterday. She is fantastic. You will most likely see a book review for it soon.
That pretty much sums up everything going on with me. I wish I had more exciting things to share.