Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Preferences

(This (belated) post was taken from the scalliwag Anne's blog)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I prefer Egg Nog for sure! Someone asked me what egg nog is (they were from Australia...and I couldn't explain what it was...but it sure is good!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Both
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? Ya gotta have a smattering of both although for outside white lights are classy. Depends on the look you're going for.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? Day after Thanksgiving usually
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Yams
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Oh good call, Anne, with the Nativity with the cousins. Good times. I also enjoyed getting up early and waiting for it to be time to wake up my parents. We'd then wrap ourselves in blankets so we couldn't see what Santa brought us as we would run downstairs to wake up our parents. They'd tell us to leave while they got ready. They took FOREVER to get ready. Then we'd take pictures of the tree and of us all in our pj's before tearing into the gifts.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It just occurred to me over time. I tried to deny it. I think I knew it was all a gag when I was pretty young though.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With my hands. How do you decorate yours? HA! The usual...Lights and ornaments.
11. SNOW: Love it or Dread it? Dread it! I've dubbed snow "sky vomit" if that gives you an inkling as to my feelings for the white fluffies.
12. Can you ice skate? Somewhat. Not gracefully at all. Haven't gone ice skating in ages!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting this huge polar teddy bear that was awesome. Loved him. My most recent favorite gift is the iHome I got this last Christmas. Listening to it right now!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying not to get caught up in the craze of shopping, keeping the "reason for the season" in my mind and heart, and being with family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Toast and Hot Chocolate (I agree, Anne)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I loved going to my grandparents house for the Christmas party and doing the nativity, and going to Christmas breakfast before driving up to Idaho to visit my other grandma. Recently I've loved the Christmas eve fine china dinner we have. This was the first year we haven't done that in ages. Sad.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. Favorite Holiday song: That's like picking a favorite child. I am partial to Carol of the Bells, Silent Night, or O Little Town of Bethlehem.
20 Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum--but I gotta be in the mood.

1 comment: