Monday, April 5, 2010

Bitsy Boodle


Don't ask why my family has to give weird nicknames to people. It's just a weird and endearing (sometimes) quirk.

Giselle's nicknames are as follows:

Gigi (obviously)
Bitsy Boodle
Little Monster
Gigi Bottoms

I'm sure there will be more but that is a lot of nicknames for a two and a half year old.

Tonight I was playing with Gigi. At one point I had her wrapped up in a blanket and I was twirling her around while she was cocooned in said blanket. It was fun but I was worried that I would accidentally let go of the blanket and she'd go flying out. That would not be good.

Another moment tonight made me laugh pretty hard. Gigi likes to make beds out of whatever she can find: pillows, blankets, cushions, etc. Tonight I was sprawled out on the floor after twirling Gigi (it's hard work!) and she lay down next to me, putting her head on a pillow. I did not have a pillow but I was just catching my breath.

Gigi: You don't have a pillow! (She said this as if it were the greatest catastrophe since...MC Hammer pants.)

Me: I don't. I'm okay though.

Gigi: I'll get you a pillow.

Me: Okay. (I think I may have closed my eyes.)

It got quiet and then I heard the Little Monster approaching.

Gigi: Here's your PILLOW! (I opened my eyes to see Gigi standing above me with the pillow raised high above her head and then it came crashing down onto my face. Not only did she throw the pillow at me but she proceeded to press it into my face, giggling the whole time. I was laughing too.)

I just realized that all of that could be misconstrued as Gigi having killer instincts. Literally. But she was just being funny.

That and this next part were the best moments of tonight.

Gigi loves, loves, loves to sneak up on people and scare them with a big RARRRRR! All you have to do is start whispering to her all conspiratorially and say "Let's sneak up on Mom!" and she's all for it.

So we did. We sneaked up on my mom while she was cooking dinner. It was awesome. One of the sad things about this is that I got as much thrill out of it as Gigi did (possibly). The other sad part is that my parents have become desensitized to being sneaked up on and scared taking most of the fun out of it.

Oh! Another part that was fun:

I buried Gigi in pillows and had her wait til I said "Where's Gigi?" at which point she was supposed to bust out of her downy bonds and scare my parents. It failed miserably because my dad said the magic words before I did.

Oh well. There's always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment