Friday, June 5, 2009

Up! And Away on a Date!



So. I've never been a fan of blind dates. Well, I take that back. I like them. Ok. I don't mind them. I groan a little before the fact, but it usually ends up being decent. Besides, it's a good way to see how well your friend or family member (whoever is playing Cupid) knows you. If they know you really well then your date should go well. Theoretically.

For example, I was set up by my dad on a date with a girl in his ward up at the college. She was nice, but it was one of the worst dates I've been on. The whole night was awkward. I could tell she didn't want to be there and I wasn't sure why which only made me more frustrated. I spent loads of money on this girl, too. She is now engaged to a guy she started dating not long after our hellish date.

I've only had a handful of good blind dates. So maybe I'm masochistic because I still agree to go on these excursions. My good friend, Jeremy, wanted to set me up with a girl who was a sister missionary on his mission. I surprised even myself and agreed to go. It took me awhile to finally call her up and set up a date.

We did a classic dinner and a movie date. The dinner was at Winger's. I had not known there were still people in Rexburg who had not been to Winger's, but my date was one of the dying breed that hadn't. So it was a treat. And she enjoyed it. We had good, easy conversation throughout the whole date.

My original plan was to do dinner and a walk around the park, but we were waylayed by some unexpected rain. So I made a quick backup plan and figured we could go to a movie. We ended up going to Disney-Pixar's new flick: UP! It was a fun movie that had consistent laughs and a few sad moments. All in all it was a good pick.

I had a really good time. It's dates like these that make me realize that blind dates aren't always such a bad thing. :)

3 comments:

  1. 1. We loved UP! too and had a great time with the kids.

    2. I'm glad to hear that you're ok with blind dates as I've been thinking very recently about "setting you up" (those are dreaded words indeed) with Dave's sister. It's a long commute though. How do you feel about Washington D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..... what a cute guy you are. :o) I've got a gal in mind I could set you up with, but I don't know if I should. She quite a bit younger than you... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your blind date that Jeremy set you up with--I was a little worried that maybe he contributed to your fear of them. Have you gone out any more with this girl?

    ReplyDelete