Friday, December 30, 2011

Crossed

Rating: 2 out of 5 Canyons
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted
than ever.
(Amazon.com)

Don't get me wrong; I love the story. I just kept expecting something to happen in this the second installment in Condie's Matched trilogy. Nothing really gets explained. Who is the Enemy? And it just feels more dramatic and epic than it should be. Does that make sense? 
I guess I'm just being negative about this review because I look back on reading this book and don't feel like I got anything out of it. However, that being said, Condie's writing is beautiful and it is really what kept me going. Her sense of imagery is spot-on. I just don't feel like this one was as well done as far as plotline as the first book. Call me crazy. I gave it 2 out of 5 Canyons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment