Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best of 2011

This is Part 1 of a 3-Part Post Series I'm going to do for my blog. This post will focus on my best and favorite moments of 2011. The second post will be my worst and least favorite moments of 2011. The final post will be a revisiting of my resolution for 2011 and seeing how well or not well I did.

MY BEST MOMENTS OF 2011

(These are in no particular order. Just as they come to mind.)

1. Joining the Navy.  I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be in the military. It had never seemed like a possible thing until just recently. I'm excited for the adventures and experiences that await me on this new chapter in my life. 

2. Transferring stores and becoming a supervisor. At the beginning of 2011 I got promoted and changed to another Deseret Book in Ammon, ID. This has been such a great and positive change in my life! I actually get along with my boss, I love the people I work with (for the most part), and Christmas was a breeze! Would I ever go back to the Temple store? Not in a million years. 

3. Kira. This woman has been such a blessing in my life. She has taught me how to stand up for myself and to follow my dreams. I probably would have been stuck in a life I never wanted if it weren't for her. She inspired me to join the Navy among other things. 

4. Lagoon trip. I went on a Lagoon trip this summer with Mike and Lacey, Brittany, and Kira. We had a blast. Kira and I even rode on the insane ride that shoots you up while you're sitting in this little ball. That is something I never would have done. I'm a lot braver these days. 

5. Year of Change. I think 2011 will always stand in my mind as a year of change. Not like big changes, but I know I've changed and grown a lot just in a short year. Who I was last year is completely different from who I am now.

6. Getting in Shape. I've lost a total of 35 lbs. and I'm in the best shape of my life. I never thought I'd be able to run a 5K and I did that this year with Kira and some mutual friends of ours. I feel like I can conquer the world because I was able to conquer that demon which has been my self-image. I feel comfortable in my own skin now.

7. Mike & Lacey's Wedding.  I was able to attend my friend Mike's wedding in Oakland, CA. It was a beautiful wedding and I was honored to be a part of it as the best man. The trip itself wasn't my favorite, but the wedding part was amazing. It was also the first trip where I've made all the arrangements for myself and flew down all by myself. Sad that I was 28 when I finally did this, but at least it happened, right?

8. Good Books & Good Music. I've read a lot of books and a lot of them have been really good. I can only think of a couple off the top of my head that weren't that great. There has also been a lot of really good music this year. Tori Amos, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Nicki Minaj, Chevelle, Adele, and Florence + the Machine have pretty much dominated this year for me.

9. Hannah. This girl is amazing! There are some people you just connect with and it's like your souls rejoice because you've finally reunited with an old friend. That is how I feel with Hannah. We are kindred spirits.

10. Zumba! This has been the year for Zumba for me. I got addicted and now I can't get enough. Such a fun and enjoyable workout. 

That is all for Part 1. Stay Tuned for Part 2 (The Worst of 2011)!

No comments:

Post a Comment