Tuesday, September 13, 2011

DEP

So, now that I'm in the Navy and waiting to enter basic training and start my school and all that jazz I am now in the Delayed Entry Program or DEP. It is basically a way for the Navy to help me transition into the culture of the Navy and also so I don't look like a total, complete idiot when I get to basic.

We meet once a month and today was my first DEP meeting. It was great! I learned a lot of things. We talked about dress and grooming and saluting etiquette. I was nervous before the meeting just because I didn't know what to expect. It was a really great time though and, by the end, I was feeling quite pumped to be a part of something so awesome.

I never thought I'd join the military. The more I'm involved in it, the more I realize that I am exactly where I need to be and that I've been prepared for this time in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I just found your blog through facebook and saw this post. I actually work for a military officers retirement community in Washington DC and LOVE it!

    I am amazed at the stories I hear from the residents here about the sacrifices they have made for their families and their country. Way a go and join the Navy! I particularly like that branch of the military because of the uniform! ;)

    So excited for you and this new chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete