Thursday, September 22, 2011

Then & Now


Last night I was looking through old pictures on my computer and came across this one on the left. I was stunned by the pale skin, the roundness of my face, the sadness in my eyes and I realized that was probably on one of my good days. I have to cut myself some slack on the "Then" picture. It was mere months after my sister passed away, and I was going through a very dark period in my life. Not only was I grieving, going to school, and working, but I was also not eating right and not doing anything for my body. I really think, looking back, that my body was in survival mode. Even walking around campus had me winded.

Three years later, on the right hand side, I am tanner, thinner, and happier. Honestly I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life. This includes the 2-year LDS mission in Florida where I was walking or biking several miles a day and sweating everything out. It's amazing for me to look at the contrast between these two pictures and to also see the similarities. And it's just going to get better. Maybe in a couple years I will post my "Now" picture on the left hand side and an even better-looking version of me will be on the right. Who knows? I'm very proud of this transition because I did it all myself. All it took was some determination and motivation.

Then Stats:
210 lbs.
5'7"
Daily meals: cereal, frozen burritos, lots of Oreos and milk, soda

Now Stats:
172 lbs.
Still 5'7" dangit
Daily meals: Still love cereal, low carbs, more protein, more fruits and veggies, and no carbonation

2 comments:

  1. (Insert slow clap here...you know in movies when one person starts clapping but obviously at a slower pace and then as everyone joins in it gets a faster tempo...) Congrats! Really puts life changes into perspective when you can see such an obvious change. I'm proud of your accomplishments! So inspiring. Maybe I should start lifting weights at the gym instead of just running. And, I've yet to cut oreos out of the diet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I still enjoy Oreos in my diet. Just not every day like I was back then. haha!

    Thanks for the applause and the congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete