Thursday, May 21, 2009

Star Trek Movie


Wow. That's all I have to say.

I don't know much about the original Star Trek. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of the original television show. But I do remember the old movies so I had a little bit of background to go off of. However, I found that with this new movie, you really don't need to know much about Star Trek because it basically stands on its own. They are showing how the characters became who they were in the show. They did an amazing job.

The graphics were amazing. I noticed that, rather than trying to make the ships look modern, they kept the original designs of everything. The little escape pods still look like they did in the original show. I loved that they kept that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

The storyline was believable as far as sci-fi can be believable. With an antagonist that just feels like the classic Star Trek nemesis, it was not disappointing in the least. Speaking of storyline, there is humor all throughout. I loved that they never took themselves too seriously. The actors play off each other seamlessly. There was not a single moment where I didn't believe that they were really who they portrayed.

I've been on a winning streak in movies lately. I would highly recommend anyone to see Star Trek or Wolverine. Both are really well-done movies.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment