Friday, March 26, 2010

SotD Soundtrack

Here I am waving my freak flag again.

The playlist at the bottom of the blog is the soundtrack to my book. Nerdy, I know. But it was fun for me to think of songs that go along with it. Some of them don't go really well but they are songs that have inspired me during the writing of it or they convey a feeling that I want in the book. There are several other songs that I could not put on the playlist because I could not find them on the playlist site. So...these are the ones that made the cut.

1. Eyesore by Janus......Janus is a new discovery I made and I love their sound.
2. I'm Not in Love by Tori Amos......Gotta have Tori somewhere on there.
3. Letter from a Thief by Chevelle......Absolutely love Chevelle.
4. So What I Lied by Sick Puppies......Can't get enough of these guys either.
5. Playing God by Paramore......Not a favorite song of theirs but the message in it seems to be something Dylan would say to Sebastian.
6. Snuff by Slipknot......Very powerful song.
7. Scream with Me by Mudvayne......Not my usual band of choice but this song is great.
8. Dance with the Devil by Breaking Benjamin......A song from this album has to be on the soundtrack because BB has been a very influential part of my creative process during this project.
9. Feel Good Drag by Anberlin......This conveys more of a feeling rather than anything in the song that goes directly with the book.
10. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga......LOVE this song. It speaks volumes and can also be Sebastian and Dylan's theme song.
11. Blind by Ke$ha......Kesha is pretty rockin'. This song makes me think of Rachel.
12. Break the Ice by Britney Spears......Just cuz I like the song.
13. Chasm by Flyleaf......Also conveys a feeling but Flyleaf would definitely have to be on the SotD soundtrack in some aspect. They rock.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment