Monday, January 3, 2011

Books of 2010

Last year I read 28 books! That outdoes 2009 by three books which really isn't all that great but at least I beat it. I am trying to increase my number of books read in a year exponentially. This year my goal is to read at least 35. I already have one book done so 1 down 34 more to go!

In case you missed the reviews, here is a list of the books I read this year in order. If you want to read the reviews, click on the "book review" tag at the bottom of this post and you should see all the reviews on this blog.

1. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
2. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
3. The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
4. Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak
5. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (Gag!)
6. The Hungry Season by T. Greenwood (just got her new book! I am stoked for it!)
7. Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
8. The Things that Keep Us Here by Carla Buckley
9. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
10. Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely
11. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (one of my favorites for the year)
12. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
13. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
14. The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb (could have done without it)
15. Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
16. Hothouse Flower by Margot Berwin (Great read!)
17. The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
18. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain (Terrible.)
19. Anthem by Ayn Rand
20. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
21. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
22. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
23. Ape House by Sara Gruen
24. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
25. Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
26. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
27. Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
28. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Since I could not count it as #29 and have a clear conscience, I have counted Karen Marie Moning's Dreamfever as the first book for 2011.

Here are some of the books I am hoping to read this year:

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (started it today. So far, so good)
This Glittering World by T. Greenwood
Breathless by Dean Koontz
Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
To Wish or Not to Wish by Mindy Klasky
One Hundred Percent Lunar Boy by Stephen Tunney
What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz
The Hidden Oasis by Paul Sussman
The Last Secret of the Temple by Paul Sussman
The Lost Army of Cambyses by Paul Sussman
This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor by Lucy Weston
Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams
Death series by Trent Jamieson
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by NK Jemison
The Iron Elves series by Chris Evans
The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Undressing the Moon by T. Greenwood
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
I am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells
Mr. Monster by Dan Wells
Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Some Jodi Picoult book
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

Right there is about 47 books. If I read at least 35 of those I will be happy. So...now to get crackin!

Also, final note for this post...

I am considering creating a different blog specifically for my book reviews. Any feedback on that would be great. Do you think I should? If so, what are some suggestions on titles for this book review blog? Thirsty Imagination would still be around but it would be specifically used for my randomness, photos of my daily goings-on, and updates about my novel I am writing (which, someday, I will have a website for).

And now I bid you adieu. I have another book review coming, but I better close this behemoth post before you and I both go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment