Saturday, November 12, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #12

On this the twelfth day of November in the two thousand and eleventh year of our Lord, I, Jake Taylor, am tremendously grateful for:

Cinnamon Rolls
I woke up early this morning and went to a store meeting. One miracle of the day was that I was the first one there. That's been a rarity for me. You wouldn't know by my actions of late, but I hate being tardy. At the meeting we had delicious cinnamon rolls that pretty much made my morning awesome. 
 
Hettie and her Intense Zumba Workout
After the store meeting I helped my sister move some things at her house then I went across town to a master class with Hettie Hansen, a Zumba instructor from Utah. She had some insane energy, and it was an hour and a half long class. I was sweaty and beat by the time it was over, but it was so worth it!
 
Compliments
To me, compliments are like verbal hugs. I love giving and receiving compliments (for the most part...sometimes I feel weird taking compliments mostly because I'm never sure what to say back). Today was a verbal hug day for me. I was told at the store meeting that I was a "master imprinter." Hannah came in to work today and told me I always look sharp. Jodi, my Zumba instructor and friend, looked at me while we were at Hettie's class and said "You are good!" She can never see me doing the Zumba because, at her studio, all the lights are out so she can only see the front row. And, while I was moving stuff for Kate, she had this tool box she wanted moved but she wanted to make it less heavy and take the tools and drawers out of it. I was running out of time, and I wasn't sure when I would be able to be back to help her again so I hefted it. It wasn't heavy at all. My sister was surprised I could carry it that easily, so I took that as a compliment.

It is time for me to go to bed. Either I write a really boring blog or I've had an eventful day that needs to end with some wonderful sleep  time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment