Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #2

Today I am grateful for:

My dog Hadjii
He is such a good dog (most of the time). Today he has been my little sidekick. He even ran along beside me for about a half mile. Then he got distracted which was probably for the best because I envisioned him running beside me on the road and getting hit by a car while I remained helpless. Good thing that didn't come true. 

 
Being able to run and exercise
I've been able to get in shape the last few months and it has been awesome to see my improvements. The human body never ceases to amaze me. I am still astounded by how far I am able to push myself to do the things that I would not have been able to do even just a year ago. Today I ran a little over 3 miles and I was all bundled up.

As a side note, I just want to say just how grieving can affect not just your mind but your body also. It's as if everything in you shuts down and you go into survival mode. That's how I was for at least two years and I got to the heaviest I've ever been and I was really out of shape even though I would walk a lot. Things that used to be easy left me winded. But with some determination and motivation, I've been able to overcome and start on the path to recovery. I can proudly say I have a healthier body and I look and feel the best I've ever felt. 

My iPod
I love this little doohickey! I can just plug in and go. Seriously, I can do just about anything if I've got music going in my ears. Best invention ever. RIP Steve Jobs.



No comments:

Post a Comment