Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #30

For this, the final Attitude of Gratitude post, I would just like to spout off a few things.

1. I have loved this little challenge I gave myself. It kept me focused on the holiday and spirit of Thanksgiving rather than getting caught up in the preparations for Christmas in the retail world. Also, it helped me realize all the things I have to be grateful for. I am so blessed and have such a great life.

2. I am going to continue this focus throughout Christmas but in a different way. It amazes me how Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually seen as two separate and distinctly different kinds of holidays when I think it's the opposite. I think Thanksgiving is a good time for us to prepare for the Christmas season. What better way is there to show your gratitude than by serving and giving to those in need? Thanksgiving allows us to focus on the things we have and then Christmas allows us to share our blessings with others. What a beautiful relationship these two holidays share! 

3. Now I would like to just share some other things I'm incredibly grateful for:

My Family
My Friends
My Faith
My Job
A Warm Bed
A Full Stomach
A Car
A Closet that is too Full
A Cell Phone
Money
Books
Entertainment and things that make me laugh
Having a life that allows me to laugh
Memories
Water
Relationships
A Healthy Body
Electricity, Running Water, Indoor Plumbing
Having things that I can take for Granted
My Uniqueness
My Talents
Style
Good Music
Having an Opinion
Being allowed to share my opinion
Freedom
My Country
Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets
Full Night's Sleep
Dreams Both in and Out of Sleep

4. Thank you for tuning in.




No comments:

Post a Comment