Sunday, November 13, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #13

Today, I'm grateful for:

A Good Book
It has been a long time since I've read a book that I couldn't put down and anticipated when I could pick it up again. Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall is a breath of fresh air. Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed T. Greenwood's Undressing the Moon and I really couldn't put that one down either. Before these two books, I was going through a drought it seemed. Yes, I liked the books I read (sorta), but they weren't anything that really captured me. So today I found myself picking up this book every chance I got. Just like the old days. I love that feeling of being so swept away by a book. I've read Lauren Oliver before. Her Delirium book is a fascinating read as well. She's a gifted writer, and I look forward to more from her. She just released a middle grade reader novel called Liesl and Po that I want to read. So here's me showing gratitude for a good book. Not just Oliver's book, but any good book that is out there and can take me away from reality for awhile. 
 
Gigi & The Bitty Boys
Such cute kids! Oh, how I love them, and Oh, how they love me. I have a lot of fun with them even though, sometimes, it is taxing to watch them. They are all just little balls of energy and I feel so old when I'm around them at times. Here they are on Halloween of this year, holding still for once.  Still not sure how we performed that miracle.
  
Random Texts
I got a couple random texts today. One was not-so-good and unwanted, the other was very welcome. I love getting random texts from people because it means they thought of me and wanted to catch up (usually). I heard from an old friend today and it was nice to text with him for a bit. Yay for random texts and the beauty of technology!




No comments:

Post a Comment