Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #8

The three things for which I am most grateful on this day are:

 Navy DEP Meetings
Once a month, every second Tuesday of every month, I meet with my recruiters and other DEPers and we discuss things that will help us before we get into basic training. Tonight's topic was boot camp. We watched a video on what to expect and then we talked about it. Overall it was good to hear that others have the same questions and fears that I do. I am a good, healthy mixture of nervous, anxious, pumped, afraid and excited for boot camp. I know it's going to be tough and rigorous and unlike anything else I've ever done, but I also know it's going to be the beginning of a great adventure in my life.


 New Girl
Oh, Zooey Deschanel, how I love you and your awkward, quirky humor! This is one of my new favorite shows. A favorite scene from last week's episode was when Nick was trying to get Jess to say "penis" but she couldn't say it. Tonight's episode's favorite quote actually comes from Cece, Jess's best friend who is a model: "You tell anyone we held hands, I have two people in my phone who will kill you. Really."


Tessa's Off Day
Tessa is one of my favorite co-workers. She and I get each other because we've both been with Deseret Book for a long time. Her 18 years make my 4 years look pretty pathetic though.  Today she was quite entertaining. It's fun to be able to laugh at ourselves at work especially with the busy season coming up and we don't want to take things too seriously and get overly stressed. Sorry, Tessa, but your off day made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment