Monday, November 14, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude #14

Today I am especially grateful for:

A Clean Room
I'm a clean freak. Sometimes you wouldn't know it by looking at my room. I think better when things are orderly, organized and cleaned up. I find that I get frustrated more easily when the bed isn't made and there's stuff strewn along the floor. However, I get lazy and so I have to clean my room often. It's always a breath of fresh air when I do it and I feel like I have a nice little haven of organization and cleanliness to which I can escape. Today, I cleaned my room and bathroom and it feels great!
 
Wisdom of Kira 
I told myself that one of the rules for this attitude of gratitude thing I'm doing is that I can't repeat. Kira is a huge part and influence in my life, and I simply adore her. She has been especially helpful to me today. I usually give her crap and post the stupid things she says to me on Facebook because she's funny without even knowing it sometimes. Today, however, she has had some serious gems of wisdom, and they have helped me see some things differently. So thank you, Wisdom of Kira, for being so reliable and awesome whether it's serious stuff or just silly, dumb things. 
 
Love
I guess I'm waxing philosophical today. Just been thinking a lot about love and relationships and everything in between. Kira's wisdom had a role in this too. She sent me a quote:
"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is war; love is a growing up." ---James A. Baldwin
Sometimes love means letting go of someone. Sometimes love means hanging on despite all odds. Love and who you love is between you, the person you love, and God. As we grow up and change, mature and experience life, we either drift closer to or farther apart from those we care about. That's life. Things change. I'm having to accept that love is something you have to be willing to fight for, but you can't be the only one fighting. So, today I am grateful for love.




No comments:

Post a Comment